Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Arrival of Craig and Winter

So I don't know really know what the winter back home has been like as I've been enjoying relatively mild days as we've been pushing through what the Kiwi's call Autumn. But Craig arrived yesterday after two days of travel from Olympia and brought with him the coldest southerly storm I've felt since I've been here. It's winter. Bone chilling really. Craig says it feels like home.

My apologies for not writing the past few weeks. Hadn't had much to report. Been hanging in Wellington with the McLaren family. Doing some construction work with Grant and just hang out and enjoying the company of good people and friends. It's been really nice.

As the southerly storm is passing us by, today I drove Craig out to Castle Point to get some waves. We had an awesome time. It's one of my favorite places on the North Island. Getting there was another adventure in my un-reliable Subaru as she's been threatening with overheating on every hill we tackle. The plan is to take off to the South Island here in a few days after I finish working and head into colder waters and bigger waves. I couldn't be more excited.
http://picasaweb.google.com/ryan.mceliece/SurfingCastlePtWithCraig

1 comment:

Jason said...

dude, your a jerk. getting a bunch of awesome waves without me. i can't believe you would do such a thing! you better be better than me when you get back, cause i've been in the water about 6 times in the last 9 months.